7 – 9 April, 2021 | xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) Traditional Territory
Storytelling as Research:
Unsettling the Cultural Politics of Diversity through Filmmaking
Webinar 1 – Postmigrant Narratives I
April 7, 9-11 (PST)
- Welcome by Mack Paul, Musqueam Indian Band
- Robert Knight (New York): Strangers in a Strange Land (2019). A documentary on the Refugee Tales project and solidarity walk in the UK (https://www.refugeetales.org); Coming of Age: Growing Up in Utica, NY (2000). A documentary about a rust belt city in Central New York that has among the largest refugee population in the US.
- Hans Christian Post (Copenhagen): We are here (2017). A documentary film on postmigrant theatre and society in Denmark that features asylum seekers as artists.
- Max Czollek (Berlin): The Best Supper: From the Bubble to the Charts (2020). A film in the style of the postmigrant Maxim Gorki Theatre in Berlin. It provokes a new Jewish-Muslim cultural core narrative of belonging that counter-acts against a hegemonic culture in Germany.
- Moderation: Moritz Schramm (SDU, Odense); Discussant: Christina Clark-Kazak (Ottawa U)